Pastor Refuses to Tip Because It's Not Fair to God
Oh boy. A man who identifies himself as a "pastor" (right there on the check) decided that the whole "gratuity" thing is stupid. Apparently, the restaurant that he and a party of 20 dined at adds an automatic 18 percent tip to a total bill (rumored here to be about $200). When the diner found that out, he asked to pay for everyone on separate checks, thinking he could dodge the restaurant's auto-gratuity policy. But he couldn't, and that's when the pastor decided this was a spiritual matter. He scratched out the 18 percent tip on his check ($6.29) and wrote "I give God 10%. Why do you get 18"—and then, to make his point perfectly clear, wrote a big "0" on the tip line. And then wrote "pastor" next to his name, thus fulfilling his duty as a gentle shepherd instructing his flock on how to love a dark and needy world. The move has made the man some powerful enemies over at Reddit, who are on a hunt to track him down (one pastor took to Twitter to defend himself against accusations that he was the culprit) ...
Recommended For You
- > Satanists Handing Out Satanic Children's Books or Something.
- > Krispy Kreme Is Celebrating Ghostbusters’ 30th Anniversary with Custom Donuts
- > Speaking in Tongues Is on the Rise Among Americans
- > Bryan Cranston’s Faux One Man MLB Show Will Make You Love Baseball
- > Major Companies Agree to Greenhouse Gas Cuts Equivalent to 15 Million Cars Off the Road