Pastor Refuses to Tip Because It's Not Fair to God
Oh boy. A man who identifies himself as a "pastor" (right there on the check) decided that the whole "gratuity" thing is stupid. Apparently, the restaurant that he and a party of 20 dined at adds an automatic 18 percent tip to a total bill (rumored here to be about $200). When the diner found that out, he asked to pay for everyone on separate checks, thinking he could dodge the restaurant's auto-gratuity policy. But he couldn't, and that's when the pastor decided this was a spiritual matter. He scratched out the 18 percent tip on his check ($6.29) and wrote "I give God 10%. Why do you get 18"—and then, to make his point perfectly clear, wrote a big "0" on the tip line. And then wrote "pastor" next to his name, thus fulfilling his duty as a gentle shepherd instructing his flock on how to love a dark and needy world. The move has made the man some powerful enemies over at Reddit, who are on a hunt to track him down (one pastor took to Twitter to defend himself against accusations that he was the culprit) ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > Lawmakers Vote Against Making the Bible the ‘Official Book’ of Tennessee
- > Jay-Z Is Personally Calling Tidal Subscribers to Thank Them
- > Ryan Gosling in Talks to Star in the ‘Blade Runner’ Sequel
- > Matthew McConaughey Got Extremely Emotional Watching the ‘Star Wars’ Trailer (Wink)
- > E-Cigarette Use Up, Cigarette Use Drops Among U.S. Youth