Rosa Parks Will Be the First African-American Woman With a Statue in the Capitol
So, apparently, the capitol has erected a lot of statues of great people throughout American history. Nothing weird about that—seems like something the capitol would have, although, admittedly, it's not something we talk about much. In any case, they will be adding the first African-American woman to the collection later this year in the form of civil rights legend Rosa Parks. Statuary Hall (good name) is generally populated with two statue choices from each state, but a special act of Congress in 2005 paved the way for Ms. Parks' likeness to be included ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > The Trailer for Netflix’s New Culinary Series Will Make You Hungry
- > Tesla Wants to Power Your Home with Batteries
- > Mike Tyson’s Crazy Old Abandoned Mansion Is Going to Become a Church
- > Here’s a Killer Song Made Entirely from Wheels and Tires
- > Viral Photo of Child ‘Surrendering’ to Telephoto Lens Shows the Reality of the Syrian Crisis