Hobby Lobby Sticks to Its Guns on Obamacare, Could be Paying a Million a Day
Hobby Lobby has dug its heels in on Obamacare, refusing to comply with the Affordable Health Care Act's mandate to provide employees with contraceptives. The Christian-owned craft store says the morning-after pill is basically an abortion and that it can't provide the pill to its employees in good conscience. While the Supreme Court gave Hobby Lobby some temporary relief from the fine, January 1 brought that mercy to a grinding halt, and the court is now prepared to fine the store $1.3 million a day until it caves. "All they're asking for is a narrow exemption from the law that says they don't have to provide drugs they believe cause abortions," Hobby Lobby attorney Kyle Duncan told CNN affiliate KFOR. "Our basic point is the government can't put a corporation in the position of choosing between its faith and following the law." Religious institutions and nonprofit religious employers whose employees "primarily share its religious tenets" and who "primarily serve persons who share its religious tenets" are exempt from Obamacare, but since Hobby Lobby is a secular, for-profit company, the Supreme Court has said they have to follow the rules ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- Live Mas Alert: Taco Bell Is Now Selling Tacos with Shells Made Out of Fried Chicken2
- Stephen Colbert Didn’t Appreciate Jeb Bush Running a ‘Late Show’ Contest, So He Launched a Bush Contest4
- Yes, God Is Calling You to Be a Missionary377
- Police: Second Video Shows Gilbert Flores Had a Knife When He Was Shot3
- > Live Mas Alert: Taco Bell Is Now Selling Tacos with Shells Made Out of Fried Chicken
- > Stephen Colbert Didn’t Appreciate Jeb Bush Running a ‘Late Show’ Contest, So He Launched a Bush Contest
- > Police: Second Video Shows Gilbert Flores Had a Knife When He Was Shot
- > Who Wants to See a Guy Set a World Record for Typing Fast with His Nose?
- > Nickelodeon Might Bring Back ‘Doug’, ‘Rugrats’ and Other Classic Shows