Hobby Lobby Sticks to Its Guns on Obamacare, Could be Paying a Million a Day
Hobby Lobby has dug its heels in on Obamacare, refusing to comply with the Affordable Health Care Act's mandate to provide employees with contraceptives. The Christian-owned craft store says the morning-after pill is basically an abortion and that it can't provide the pill to its employees in good conscience. While the Supreme Court gave Hobby Lobby some temporary relief from the fine, January 1 brought that mercy to a grinding halt, and the court is now prepared to fine the store $1.3 million a day until it caves. "All they're asking for is a narrow exemption from the law that says they don't have to provide drugs they believe cause abortions," Hobby Lobby attorney Kyle Duncan told CNN affiliate KFOR. "Our basic point is the government can't put a corporation in the position of choosing between its faith and following the law." Religious institutions and nonprofit religious employers whose employees "primarily share its religious tenets" and who "primarily serve persons who share its religious tenets" are exempt from Obamacare, but since Hobby Lobby is a secular, for-profit company, the Supreme Court has said they have to follow the rules ...
Recommended For YouView More in God
- > People Claim to Have Seen a Mysterious Movie That Never Existed
- > ‘To Worship You I Live’ Brought the House Down on ‘The Voice’ Last Night
- > Philadelphia Eagles Player Has Baptized 5 of His Teammates
- > 11 Resolutions Everyone Should Consider Making Next Year
- > Oh No. Beard Christmas Lights Are Now a Thing
- > Here’s a Brand New Song from Arcade Fire Featuring Mavis Staples
- > Trump Just Led a Standing Ovation for Bill and Hillary Clinton
- > At Least 95 People Have Been Arrested in DC at Anti-Trump Rallies
- > Hillary Clinton Will Attend the Inauguration to 'Honor Democracy'
- > Clarence Thomas Will Be the First Black Person to Swear in a President or Vice President