It's Vladimir Putin Against American Would-Be Parents
Russian president Vladimir Putin signed a bill today that bans Americans from adopting Russian children. The bill also forbids NGOs receiving American funds to be closed if the organizations are in any way political. It's widely understood this bill was passed in response to President Obama's recent sanction against Russians believed to be human rights violators. Putin also claims the U.S. funded and supported anti-government protests that arose in Russia last winter. There are currently 740,000 orphans in Russia, with 18,000 Russian adults on a waiting list to adopt. Previously, the U.S. had been the highest adoptive destination for Russian children ...
Recommended For You
- > Liberian Officials May Quarantine Entire Communities as Ebola Outbreak Grows
- > Here Are the Worst Meals in America
- > This Dude Built a Roller Coaster in His Parents' Backyard
- > The New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' Is Just Incredible
- > Stop What You're Doing and Watch These Cocoa Farmers Taste Chocolate for the First Time