It's Vladimir Putin Against American Would-Be Parents
Russian president Vladimir Putin signed a bill today that bans Americans from adopting Russian children. The bill also forbids NGOs receiving American funds to be closed if the organizations are in any way political. It's widely understood this bill was passed in response to President Obama's recent sanction against Russians believed to be human rights violators. Putin also claims the U.S. funded and supported anti-government protests that arose in Russia last winter. There are currently 740,000 orphans in Russia, with 18,000 Russian adults on a waiting list to adopt. Previously, the U.S. had been the highest adoptive destination for Russian children ...
Recommended For YouView More in Current
- > NFL Hall of Famer Jerry Rice Poses as a Lyft Driver for a Day
- > Woman Shows Up to Her Own Funeral Surprising Everyone, Including Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- > 20-Story Crane Collapses in Manhattan
- > The Pastor of China’s Largest Official Protestant Church Has Been Arrested
- > Watch Football Players Complete the Ultimate Physical Challenge: Doing Their Daughters' Hair