Sleep Deprivation: A Wake-up Call
June 10, 2011
- 60% of college students are sleep deprived.
- 55% of 18- to 29-year-olds report that they "wake unrefreshed."
- 30% of college students fall asleep in class at least once a week.
- 24% of 18- to 29-year-olds admitted to dozing off at the wheel at some point within the last year.
- 22% of young adults are occasionally or frequently late for work due to sleepiness, versus 11% of 30-to 64-year-olds.
Recommended For You
- > Suspicious: The U.S. Government Edited a Wikipedia Article About Reptilians Running the World
- > Pastor's Response to Burned Cross Outside Church: "Whoever Did It, We Forgive Them."
- > Map Shows America’s ‘Happiest’ and ‘Unhappiest’ Cities
- > ‘Bibliotheca’ Project Seeks to Redesign the Bible as a Work of ‘Great Literary Art’
- > Prisoner's Lethal Injection Execution Lasted Nearly Two Hours