Sleep Deprivation: A Wake-up Call
June 10, 2011
- 60% of college students are sleep deprived.
- 55% of 18- to 29-year-olds report that they "wake unrefreshed."
- 30% of college students fall asleep in class at least once a week.
- 24% of 18- to 29-year-olds admitted to dozing off at the wheel at some point within the last year.
- 22% of young adults are occasionally or frequently late for work due to sleepiness, versus 11% of 30-to 64-year-olds.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > The Real Abuse at the Heart of 'Fifty Shades of Grey'
- > Why Don’t the Guys in my Church Ask Women on Dates?
- > 'Christian Cleavage' Probably Isn't the Problem
- > Report: ISIS Just Kidnapped a Group of at Least 90 Christians, Including Children
- > Chris Pratt and Chris Evans Made Good on Their Super Bowl Bet
- > DOJ Investigation into Ferguson PD Finds Racism and Constitutional Violations
- > Netanyahu: Deal with Iran Could Lead to Nation Getting the Nuclear Weapons
- > Report: Hillary Clinton Only Used Personal Email While Secretary of State
- > NHL Player’s Daughter Writes Adorable Letter to Get Dad Traded Closer to Home
- > Watch Colbert Discuss the Bible, Faith and Hymns with Fr. James Martin