Sleep Deprivation: A Wake-up Call
June 10, 2011
- 60% of college students are sleep deprived.
- 55% of 18- to 29-year-olds report that they "wake unrefreshed."
- 30% of college students fall asleep in class at least once a week.
- 24% of 18- to 29-year-olds admitted to dozing off at the wheel at some point within the last year.
- 22% of young adults are occasionally or frequently late for work due to sleepiness, versus 11% of 30-to 64-year-olds.
Recommended For You
- > Ferguson Bakery Owner Raises $250K Online after Store Is Damaged in Riots
- > Here’s Your First Look at the New ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- > Christian Bale: ‘Drones Would Be Sent Out After [Moses]’ Today
- > Here’s NeedtoBreathe Performing During Yesterday’s Thanksgiving Parade
- > At Least 25 Killed in Nigerian Terrorist Bombing; Boko Haram Suspected