Wait ...There Is Good Cafeteria Food?
You can’t just blame the Freshman 15 on your cafeteria anymore. A lot of schools are providing more conscious eating options on their campuses. Virginia Tech now has 21 to-go food items that are fewer than 600 calories, Nova Southeastern University has added fresh fruit vending machines and organic campus farms are cropping up across the country. Not only are schools paying attention to what students take in, they are also concerned with what they leave behind. The latest trend is “trayless dining,” which has reduced food and beverage waste by 20 to 50 percent, respectively. Does your school need more mindful dining and waste systems? Talk to your cafeteria or student life department about making some upgrades.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial 24
- All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood862
- Why the Pro-Life Message of ‘Born This Way’ Is So Important1,692
- Christians Need to Recover the Lost Art of Patience587
- > State of Maryland Will Fight Against Adnan Syed, of 'Serial' Fame, Getting a New Trial
- > All Charges Were Dropped Against the Anti-Abortion Activists Who Filmed Themselves at Planned Parenthood
- > Watch Justin Timberlake, Steph Curry and Alfonso Ribeiro Do the Carlton
- > ISIS Terrorists Murder Elderly Priest After Storming Church in France
- > ‘Left Behind’ Co-Author Tim LaHaye Has Died at the Age of 90