Wait ...There Is Good Cafeteria Food?
You can’t just blame the Freshman 15 on your cafeteria anymore. A lot of schools are providing more conscious eating options on their campuses. Virginia Tech now has 21 to-go food items that are fewer than 600 calories, Nova Southeastern University has added fresh fruit vending machines and organic campus farms are cropping up across the country. Not only are schools paying attention to what students take in, they are also concerned with what they leave behind. The latest trend is “trayless dining,” which has reduced food and beverage waste by 20 to 50 percent, respectively. Does your school need more mindful dining and waste systems? Talk to your cafeteria or student life department about making some upgrades.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > Two American Medical Missionaries Were Murdered in Jamaica This Weekend
- > Meet the Mysterious Inventor of Bitcoin: Australian Entrepreneur Craig Wright
- > Update: Will Ferrell Will No Longer Be in the Controversial Ronald Reagan Movie
- > Why Is Radiohead Deleting All of Their Social Media Accounts?
- > This Real Life Fruit Ninja Video Proves that Slo-Mo Makes Everything Look Cooler