Wait ...There Is Good Cafeteria Food?
June 10, 2011
You can’t just blame the Freshman 15 on your cafeteria anymore. A lot of schools are providing more conscious eating options on their campuses. Virginia Tech now has 21 to-go food items that are fewer than 600 calories, Nova Southeastern University has added fresh fruit vending machines and organic campus farms are cropping up across the country. Not only are schools paying attention to what students take in, they are also concerned with what they leave behind. The latest trend is “trayless dining,” which has reduced food and beverage waste by 20 to 50 percent, respectively. Does your school need more mindful dining and waste systems? Talk to your cafeteria or student life department about making some upgrades.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > Justin Bieber: I Just Wanna Honestly Live Like Jesus
- > Why I Go To Church Even When I Don’t Feel Like It
- > Candace Cameron Bure Is the Newest Co-Host of ‘The View’
- > 3 Ways Christians Turn People Off from Church
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > Shark Attacks Teen, Teen Attacks Shark
- > Will Smith to Finally Catch Up with Pal DJ Jazzy Jeff
- > California Governor Signs Assisted Suicide Measure
- > Stephon Marbury Says $200 Jordans Are Made for $5; Will Re-Release His Own $15 Shoe
- > Just Like ‘Back to the Future’ Predicted, Here’s the Trailer for ‘Jaws 19’