Wait ...There Is Good Cafeteria Food?
You can’t just blame the Freshman 15 on your cafeteria anymore. A lot of schools are providing more conscious eating options on their campuses. Virginia Tech now has 21 to-go food items that are fewer than 600 calories, Nova Southeastern University has added fresh fruit vending machines and organic campus farms are cropping up across the country. Not only are schools paying attention to what students take in, they are also concerned with what they leave behind. The latest trend is “trayless dining,” which has reduced food and beverage waste by 20 to 50 percent, respectively. Does your school need more mindful dining and waste systems? Talk to your cafeteria or student life department about making some upgrades.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > TBN Co-Founder Jan Crouch Has Suffered a Life-Threatening Stroke
- > Report: At Least 700 Migrants Drowned in the Mediterranean Sea Last Week
- > That New ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Trailer Was a Shot-For-Shot Remake of One Released in 1991
- > Henry Heimlich Finally Got to Use His Famous Maneuver
- > Scientists Are Calling for the Rio Olympics to Be Postponed or Moved Because of Public Health Concerns