Wait ...There Is Good Cafeteria Food?
June 10, 2011
You can’t just blame the Freshman 15 on your cafeteria anymore. A lot of schools are providing more conscious eating options on their campuses. Virginia Tech now has 21 to-go food items that are fewer than 600 calories, Nova Southeastern University has added fresh fruit vending machines and organic campus farms are cropping up across the country. Not only are schools paying attention to what students take in, they are also concerned with what they leave behind. The latest trend is “trayless dining,” which has reduced food and beverage waste by 20 to 50 percent, respectively. Does your school need more mindful dining and waste systems? Talk to your cafeteria or student life department about making some upgrades.
Recommended For You
- > 'Independence Day 2' Is Real and It Is Happening
- > Here's a Beautiful Song From Joy Williams and Hayley Williams
- > Darren Wilson Tells ABC News ‘I Did My Job Right’
- > HBO Hired a Ton of Lawyers to Look at Its New Scientology Documentary
- > A Young Chris Pratt Actually Predicted that He Would One Day Star in ‘Jurassic World’