Wait ...There Is Good Cafeteria Food?
June 10, 2011
You can’t just blame the Freshman 15 on your cafeteria anymore. A lot of schools are providing more conscious eating options on their campuses. Virginia Tech now has 21 to-go food items that are fewer than 600 calories, Nova Southeastern University has added fresh fruit vending machines and organic campus farms are cropping up across the country. Not only are schools paying attention to what students take in, they are also concerned with what they leave behind. The latest trend is “trayless dining,” which has reduced food and beverage waste by 20 to 50 percent, respectively. Does your school need more mindful dining and waste systems? Talk to your cafeteria or student life department about making some upgrades.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > Watch Yolanda Adams’ Glorious Late-Night Performance
- > Expert: 400 Church Leaders Will Resign This Sunday Because Names Surfaced in Ashley Madison Hack
- > Is Coldplay’s Final Album on the Way?
- > Charges Dropped Against Guitar Shredding Hero Arrested for Playing National Anthem on July 4
- > Tragedy: Bodies of Dozens of Migrants Found in Box Truck in Austria