Wait ...There Is Good Cafeteria Food?
June 10, 2011
You can’t just blame the Freshman 15 on your cafeteria anymore. A lot of schools are providing more conscious eating options on their campuses. Virginia Tech now has 21 to-go food items that are fewer than 600 calories, Nova Southeastern University has added fresh fruit vending machines and organic campus farms are cropping up across the country. Not only are schools paying attention to what students take in, they are also concerned with what they leave behind. The latest trend is “trayless dining,” which has reduced food and beverage waste by 20 to 50 percent, respectively. Does your school need more mindful dining and waste systems? Talk to your cafeteria or student life department about making some upgrades.
Recommended For You
- > Jimmy Fallon Did Us All a Favor and Just Started Making Up Good News
- > Having Bane at Your Wedding Is a Necessary Evil
- > Incident Report from Michael Brown Shooting Wasn’t Reviewed for 10 Days
- > Here’s the First Full Trailer for Dave Grohl’s New Music Series ‘Sonic Highways’
- > Chris Pratt Dressed Up as Star-Lord to Visit a Children’s Hospital