Professor, Can I Have Your Autograph?
November 10, 2010
What if you could take Intro to Film with your favorite director? At some fortunate universities, this just might be the case. From NFL football coaches to former presidents, many celebrities are lending their expertise to the world of higher education. Just rub those stars out of your eyes before you write your paper.
Angelou is “America’s most famous black female autobiographer” and a respected poet. Since 1991, she’s also served as professor of American Studies at Wake Forest University, giving about 80 lectures a year.
A pioneer of the independent film industry and the controversial director of movies like Malcolm X, his audience now includes film students of the Marcus Kanbar Institute of Film & Television at Tisch School of the Arts at NYU.
The 39th president and Nobel Peace Prize winner is 85 years old and still has a lot to say as a University Distinguished Professor at Emory University. He also founded The Carter Center at the Atlanta campus.
The former coach of the Vikings and the Cardinals once wanted to teach high school if his football career didn’t come together. He surpassed both goals, and now teaches a sports business management course at San Diego State University.
Jonathan Safron Foer
Everything Is Illuminated, Foer’s first novel, developed from his thesis at Princeton. Two more best-sellers later, the young author teaches a handful of fiction students in NYU’s graduate creative writing program.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?