Post-Grad Survival Kit, 2011
July 23, 2012
It’s OK to step away from the demands of daily post-grad life now and then. Whether you need a five-minute breather or a mini-vacation, we’ve done some browsing and rounded up a few diversions you won’t feel guilty for giving into.
Plant Vegetables, Make Friends
Maybe you don’t have time to cultivate your own plant bed, but there are about 18,000 community gardens in urban, suburban and rural areas throughout North America. Exercise your green thumb and give back to your neighborhood by connecting with the community garden nearest you.
Get Lost in a Book
Like a twist on choose-your-own-adventure books, this interactive notebook presents a mystery only you can solve. Pick up your mission whenever you need to put down your homework.
An Internet Trend We Can Get Behind
Let’s be real: planking is just kind of annoying. Stocking, on the other hand, is hilarious. Take pictures of yourself copying a cheesy stock photo, post them side-by-side and then gather your diverse colleagues in suits to high-five for a stock well done.
Google’s Got Your Back
With this free cloud service, any music you upload onto your computer will automatically appear in your online collection. Take all of your songs on the go without having to take up space on your phone or iPod.
Crash at a Stranger’s House
If you’re looking to get out of town (or the country) for a long weekend and don’t want to spend money on a pricey hotel, browse privately owned and moderately priced listings worldwide. Hosts rent out unique spaces ranging from treehouses and tugboats to spacious lofts.
Everything You Didn’t Know You Wanted to Know
How do airplanes work? How does someone survive a shipwreck? The team at HowStuffWorks answers all your big and small questions. Now you can conveniently get their podcasts, articles and videos in their apps for iPad and iPhone.
Recommended For YouView More in Life
- > 7 Unbiblical Statements Christians Believe
- > Watch ‘Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines' Powerful Testimony on ‘I Am Second’
- > World Series MVP Ben Zobrist: ‘We All Need Grace. We All Need Christ’
- > 12 Fiction Books That Will Shape Your Theology
- > Infidelity Doesn’t Just Happen. It Starts with These Subtle Warnings
- > Obama Thinks Pot Should Be Decriminalized
- > Watching 11,000 Dominoes Fall Is Curiously Satisfying
- > This Video of Stephen Curry Making a Shot From the Floor Is Ridiculous
- > This Guy Doing Wheelchair Tricks Is Just What Your Friday Needs
- > A Christmas Miracle? You Might Be Able to Join Solange's Band