An Education in Meat?
There is truly a master's degree in just about everything nowadays
Maybe a traditional post-graduate education isn’t for you; maybe your special interests demand a different degree. Or maybe you just like raising a couple eyebrows when asked about your studies. If so, here are some of the most unique academic pursuits grad schools have to offer:
Master of Arts in Folklore
The University of California at Berkeley offers courses that “investigate our endless fascination with, attraction to and revulsion at awesome spectacles—displays of the marvelous and monstrous.”
Master of Science in Gaming and Casino Management
It might seem shady, but the rapidly growing industry merited an emphasized hospitality degree from Drexel University.
Master’s in Meat Science
Vegetarians need not apply to this carnivorous college program offered in several livestock states.
Master of Fine Arts in Blacksmithing
The University of Southern Illinois has been churning out expert metalsmiths since 1968.
Master of Science in Packaging
Boxing, bagging and wrapping are more complex than we knew, which is why dozens of schools offer this degree.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > Joaquin Phoenix Might Play Jesus in a Movie About Mary Magdalene
- > Video of Child Seeing For First Time Goes Viral; Internet Buys Him the $15K Glasses That Made It Possible
- > Paul Rudd to Star in the Crazy Real-life Thriller ‘The Catcher Was A Spy’
- > Science: Being With Friends Is More Powerful Than Morphine
- > Here’s the Trailer for ‘Southside With You’, About the Obamas’ First Date