An Education in Meat?
December 19, 2011
There is truly a master's degree in just about everything nowadays
Maybe a traditional post-graduate education isn’t for you; maybe your special interests demand a different degree. Or maybe you just like raising a couple eyebrows when asked about your studies. If so, here are some of the most unique academic pursuits grad schools have to offer:
Master of Arts in Folklore
The University of California at Berkeley offers courses that “investigate our endless fascination with, attraction to and revulsion at awesome spectacles—displays of the marvelous and monstrous.”
Master of Science in Gaming and Casino Management
It might seem shady, but the rapidly growing industry merited an emphasized hospitality degree from Drexel University.
Master’s in Meat Science
Vegetarians need not apply to this carnivorous college program offered in several livestock states.
Master of Fine Arts in Blacksmithing
The University of Southern Illinois has been churning out expert metalsmiths since 1968.
Master of Science in Packaging
Boxing, bagging and wrapping are more complex than we knew, which is why dozens of schools offer this degree.
Recommended For You
- > You Too Can Have Miley Cyrus Design Your Next Tattoo
- > Trailer: Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- > Hero Drummer Adds a Little Pizzazz to Hillsong United's 'Oceans'
- > Jimmy Fallon Is Making Up Good News Again, Because Sometimes You Just Need to Feel Happy
- > Major Sponsor Pulls Out of the NFL’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month Campaign