An Education in Meat?
December 19, 2011
There is truly a master's degree in just about everything nowadays
Maybe a traditional post-graduate education isn’t for you; maybe your special interests demand a different degree. Or maybe you just like raising a couple eyebrows when asked about your studies. If so, here are some of the most unique academic pursuits grad schools have to offer:
Master of Arts in Folklore
The University of California at Berkeley offers courses that “investigate our endless fascination with, attraction to and revulsion at awesome spectacles—displays of the marvelous and monstrous.”
Master of Science in Gaming and Casino Management
It might seem shady, but the rapidly growing industry merited an emphasized hospitality degree from Drexel University.
Master’s in Meat Science
Vegetarians need not apply to this carnivorous college program offered in several livestock states.
Master of Fine Arts in Blacksmithing
The University of Southern Illinois has been churning out expert metalsmiths since 1968.
Master of Science in Packaging
Boxing, bagging and wrapping are more complex than we knew, which is why dozens of schools offer this degree.
Recommended For You
- > Being a Christian Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Should
- > ISIS' New Enemy: A Terrifying Dutch Biker Gang
- > An Artist Is Inserting Mr. Bean into Famous Paintings For Some Reason
- > 15 Things to Start Doing By the Time You’re 30
- > Shia LaBeouf On Becoming a Christian: 'It's a Real Thing That Really Saved Me.'
- > Officer Darren Wilson May Soon Resign from Ferguson Police Department
- > Chris Traeger and Ann Perkins Are Returning to ‘Parks and Rec’
- > President Obama Announces Immigration Reform Plan
- > The One Campaign’s New Ebola PSA Features a Lot of Celebrities Saying Nothing
- > Well, What Do You Think About This Jesus Tattoo?