Tips for Saving Some Cash
December 19, 2011
Take advantage of free services for students.
Your campus may have many free resources, academic and otherwise. Also, show preference to businesses that offer student discounts.
Share class materials.
Look for students who don’t mind sharing the cost of books, DVDs, technology or other course materials.
Craigslist it up.
What gadgets, furniture or instruments can you afford to live without? Price and post it while you have the nerve.
Talk to your employer.
If you are already in a stable job you’d like to keep, it never hurts to ask if they might honor your commitment and contribute to the cost of your tuition.
Think practically for Christmas or birthdays.
Gift lists are fun—but not always practical. Put thought into what you really need, or ask for financial support.
Recommended For YouView More in RELEVANT U
- > San Francisco Deputies Forced Inmates to Fight 'Gladiator Style'
- > Here's Passion Pit's Very Strobe Light-y Video for 'Lifted Up'
- > Everything We Know About Germanwings Pilot, Andreas Lubitz
- > Man Hikes from Mexican Border to Canada Taking Selfies Every Mile
- > Here's the Trailer for 'Southpaw,' Starring a Super Jacked Jake Gyllenhaal